1.02.2011

It's the new year





I love this blog. It's so occasional. So random and casual. And forgiving of me for letting weeks pass with no obligatory words. That's kind of how I like life, too...especially the paucity of words.

December was spent getting ready for New York, being in NY and recovering from NY. Actually, it was a fantastic trip and I came home with no jet lag and no cold. However, 2 days later I succumbed to a bug. Slept a lot, coughed like crazy. Lara and Per Olav spent a few nights here beyond their usual slot of time at Christmas, making me chicken soups (yes, plural!) It was such a luxury having someone here cooking for me. And they are fun, too. So much laughing!

New York, backing up the chronology here, was sweet. Not quite as bitterly cold as I'd planned on, either. Yay. bonus. The girls were so fun and so grown-uppish that I really didn't feel like I was sitting for them. Alas, I didn't take many pictures; what was wrong with me!? Ah, but I did manage to take a few. After school one day, I took the girls to Sweet Melissa and a pizza place. Already I see the difference their ages make...Claudine is still sweetly natural but Mia is starting to need to look bored. Cracks me up.

In addition, I had a mini-reunion with old friends...what a miracle to find them and re-connect after 40 years. They are treasures from my past and I am so lucky to have found them.

No comments: