2.07.2011



Oh my goodness. Has it really been a month since I wrote? Not sure if I can catch up on everything but will try.

Fresh in my mind is recent minor knee surgery. 2nd time having cartilage trimmed. I had this done many years ago and remember recovering very quickly. Not this time. I mean I can walk and all, but just not very much. It'll start to ache later in the day. Is it my age or poor nutrition or lower immunity? Or all.... I crack myself up, trying not to get worked up about getting older. I'm determined to slide gracefully into sunset, but once in a while I complain to the gods. Lotta good that does, but it just pops out on its own.

The other really amazing thing is the progress on my front yard. The new beds are all prepped and waiting for planting. The new front step is done and it makes such a difference! So big and welcoming. I just knew that it had to be the first thing to fix. It's known as the "mouth of chi" in feng shui and is very important. That's how chi gets into the house so the best feng shui for it is to make it easy to find as well as easy to walk into.

FYI, here are some other feng shui front door tips:
...the door should be a contrasting color to the house and trim.
...the door should work perfectly...knobs, opening and closing, etc.
...nothing should block the door when it is being opened.

Back to my yard...Lindy, the landscaper, got sick so we put the planting on hold but I already like just having the nicely shaped fresh flower beds. Now the yard has personality! This week she'll put in the gravel walkway and foundation plants. Next week we'll shop together for a fountain and for the next round of plants. She really knows how to translate my words into a design that works for me. Pretty amazing.

Most of you know but I'll mention it again...Dan and I lived separately for almost 2 years. (it was Super Bowl 2 years ago that I moved) And we are now living together again. The 2 years apart was not easy but we both agreed the other day that it was worth it.

The biggest change I've noticed is that most things that used to be so hard aren't anymore. I think I had an image of a perfect husband in my mind and the poor guy didn't stand a chance measuring up! Well, 2 years certainly changed my perspective and there just aren't many things that matter that much anymore. We think maybe we're still in the honeymoon stage, but aren't too concerned. We're both mellower and that part feels permanent.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I also don't care too much anymore about the messy house. When the hell did that happen!? Not to say I don't dive in and de-clutter from time to time, but the in-between times are no big deal anymore. Thank goodness!!! I think I was a little bit too much OCD for a long time and am really hoping it doesn't come back.

No comments: