5.29.2012

catch a break

The new blogspot has been a little crazy-making. Took me a while to get used to the new locations of all my favorite buttons, but what really bugged me was that hitting the return key no longer made a paragraph. It does on one of my other blogs, but not this one. So I looked it up and found the html command for line break...and it works!

Tomorrow is my day to go to Olympia and go to appointments. One of the appointments is with the contractor for the garage conversion. I think by the end of our talk we might have a timeline to start and complete the conversion. It's pretty exciting!

Dan's energy is like a roller coaster these days. One day he'll be the old Dan, sitting up and talking til late at night. The next day he'll be sleeping all day. One of the nurses said it has to do with the red and white blood cells. I didn't quite understand but think maybe they're in catch-up mode like the rest of his body. Some days he'll have more of one and less of the other? Anyway, I asked if Dan would be like his old self after all the catch-up is done. The guy said he'd actually be better. Very cool, he deserves it!

1 comment:

Rick said...

Ha! This entry reminded me of my dad's tale. "Ooh, look. I've got a bump with a white head," I said to him. I was around 5 or 6. "Well, let me tell you why that is, son," he said with a smile. "Inside your body you have red corpuscles and white corpuscles. And they are in a war. They grab each other and wrestle in mighty battles. That bump you have there is the result of one of those struggles. Those red corpsucles (sic) are winning and killing off the white ones. They are just forced to the edge of your skin into that little hillock showing up as whitehead pimples." i just looked in amazement at his understanding of the world. And he would smile with a twinkle in his eye.