8.21.2008

Steven's Restaurant in Shelton WA

Yesterday as Barbara and I were driving back to Oly after a day of Myers-Briggsing in Port Angeles we were pretty hungry by the time we got near Shelton. She suggested Steven's. I was game...she was paying so I thought any place she picked would be just fine. So we walk in...it's a little countrified fancy and nice looking but nothing gave any clues to the excellence of the menu and subsequent mouth surprises. I am so glad she took me there and hope to make it a habit. Here's the little review I wrote for another web site:

"Wow...what a great surprise finding a dinner like I had last night...and in Shelton, WA...wow again. I asked what the soup was for the day. She says "medallion bleu cheese." I think, "whaaat?" and order it lickity split. It truly was the most delicious soup I've ever had, which is saying a lot, because I'm Soup Queen to all the people in my life. Thick creamy dark base with bits of pasta showing but not very much. I guess the pasta gets cooked away with the long cooking time. Fantastic flavor with just the right amount of bleu cheese peeking through plus dainty hints of medallion beef to chew on. The rib steak with burgundy reduction was amazing. Potatoes and veggies were perfect and fresh. Thank you, Steven's Restaurant. I'll be back with friends."

I'm calling the chef, Kern, today, and hope he's in a good enough mood to share the recipe for the soup. If he's not in the mood for sharing, at least I can thank him for such a good job!

No comments: